Situated off Kennedy Gardens, the residence is half a mile from the town centre. It has its own car park with space for 30 cars. Unrestricted parking is also available in Kennedy Gardens and St Leonard’s Road.
University Hall was the first residence for female students in Scotland and has undergone many changes since it was opened in 1896. It is situated in its own attractive grounds near the University playing fields. The residence has three buildings. Old Wing is the original. Lumsden is more recent and is connected to Old Wing. Wardlaw is a separate building of imposing Scots baronial style
The residence has 175 single and 40 twin bedrooms giving a total capacity of 255 and a single capacity of 215. All are serviced daily and are provided with towels and complimentary toiletries.
All the bedrooms in Lumsden have wash hand basins and a limited number of rooms in Old Wing and Wardlaw have them. Other bathroom facilities are shared.
All bedrooms have coffee and tea making facilities with complimentary ingredients and also a telephone, permitting calls at no charge throughout the University network and outside calls using a pre-payment card, which can be purchased in the residence. The bedroom telephones also directly receive incoming calls and their numbers are displayed on the telephones for the convenience of guests.
University Hall has a number of large public rooms which can be used by conferences.